Friday, June 24, 2011

Canadian Warplane Heritage Air Show brings out Canada's best, finest

Posted on behalf of Pierre Lapprand, Photographer and VWoC volunteer

Thank you so much for the fun and pleasure we had last Saturday at the CWH airshow.
I was in the crowd with Hugh Pawson, who was delighted by the event, and the presentation of the aircraft in the air.
 
Please forward this email to Mike Potter as I don't have his email address, thank you
 
I invite you to see some pictures at the link below.
 
 
When you see the last picture, I had this quick little exchange with Hugh a few seconds after taking the picture:
 
"Hugh, you waved your hand to the pilots."
He replied, "Yes, I might not see these chaps anymore"

Hugh Pawson. Photo by: Pierre Lapprand

 
Hugh is about 87 years old, and always responds to me, "If health permits," when I'm talking about an air show in the future.
 
To tell you how he appreciate VWC is beyond words.
 
I wanted to share that with you, because I just had to do it, with all my heart.
 
Regards
 
Pierre
 

1 comment:

  1. I had the pleasure of Hugh sharing his Corsair experiences at the first VWoC Corsair Ground School I attended.I was hoping somebody would do up a drawing of Hugh's Corsair he flew during the war.Thought it would be a nice thank you.

    Kevin Thompson

    ReplyDelete