Thursday, May 17, 2012

“Ice Pilots NWT” Star Dies at Age 69

 

Ice Pilots NWT star and pilot Arnie Schreder died in B.C. May 5 at age 69. A memorial service will be held Saturday afternoon in Yellowknife.Many people who watch the popular reality tv series Ice Pilots NWT will find Arnie Schreder’s face to be a familiar one. Arnie was the Chief Pilot for Buffalo Airways, and was a fixture in the show about the long-standing northern airline operation.

Schreder, 69, who spent 40 years up in the north, died of lung cancer at home on May 5th.

Please see link for more details : http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/story/2012/05/12/north-arnie-schreder-service.html

For a profile of Arnie, visit: http://www.icepilots.com/profile_arnie.php

1 comment:

  1. I just finished reading everything about Arnie Schreder who I did not know. I was to find out within a few lines that he was an amazing person/pilot who loved doing what he did, which was fly. I also listened to him explain that he was the chief Pilot for Buffalo Airways. I was to find out that in the last couple of years his face was a familiar one on the TV series Ice Pilots NWT. I believe I can say that Arnie had a complete life but was taken from this earth a little early. I'm sure he will be missed by many who knew him. Great article.

    ReplyDelete